![]() |
情景对话:商务宴会中的英文点菜方式
1
陈豪在北京的abc美国公司工作,他跟美国同事amy一起喝下午茶。
(office ambience)
a:chen hao, you've been attending a lot of business dinners lately. didn't your team go out again last night with the clients?
c:没错。我老板mr. brown决定请客人到附近刚开张的那家法国餐馆去吃饭。
a:how did it go?
c:饭菜的味道确实不错,但是有个客人很失态。
a:what do you mean?
c:首先,她点的菜都是菜单上价钱最贵的。
a:what did the others do?
c:其他人点的都是中等价位的,我也一样。
a:this client sounds as if she could use some business etiquette training. unless mr. brown suggested that you all order certain pricey dishes, she should have chosen something moderately priced。
c:我觉得也是。除非主人坚持,否则客人应该点一些普通的菜才对。
a:it's rude to take advantage of your host like that. this client is not very savvy about business dining。
c: savvy是什么意思啊?
a:savvy means having knowledge and experience。
c:这个客户确实不懂礼貌,而且还不只这些呢!
a:let's head back to the office now. you can tell me on the way。
2
陈豪和amy两人一起往回走。
a:so there is more to this story?
c:那个客人不仅点的都是最贵的,而且一道菜都不拉。
a:like what?
c:从汤开始,然后是头台、沙拉,主菜,最后还有特制的甜点,一样不少。
a:what did everyone else do?
c:mr. brown虽然吃得很少,但也只好跟着她一道菜一道菜地点。
a:he was doing the correct thing as host by ordering the same as the client。
c:作为主人,一定要这么做吗?
a:when someone orders appetizers or other dishes in addition to the entrée, it is polite for others to order the same courses。
c:那又是为什么呢?
a:that keeps the pace of the dinner even and avoids the awkwardness of one person eating a course by herself。
c:如果没有别人点汤的话,那个客户自己吃的时候一定会觉得很尴尬。
a:at an informal dinner, some people have soup while others may select a different appetizer to have at the same time. everyone should have an equal number of courses。
c:那作为请客的主人,在饭桌上能做些什么呢?
a:simple. the host can say, "why don't we all have an appetizer?" or he could ask, "would anyone like something to start with?"
c:这样一来,你就能知道自己是不是唯一想点头台的人了。
a:right. if no one else has a starter course, then you don't either。
c:你真应该给昨天那个客人好好上一课。
下一篇文章: 双语:职场韦小宝教你善用五种资源
上一篇文章: 实用口语:商务谈判中如何避免正面答复